They’re succulents plants that belog to the cactáceas family. They’re known for their amazing appearence and for having adapted extraordinately to survive in arid and desert environments.
Cacti are characterized by having green, fleshy stems that are covered in spines instead of leaves. These spines help them reduce water loss.
Cultivating cacti is a pleasurable and even therapeutic activity. They are easy to care for, highly resilient, and they also purify the air.
In these kits, you’ll find a diverse selection of cactus species, varying in size, shape, and color. Enjoy a beautiful experience of growing your own cactus at home!
How to use the cactus growing kits
1. Place the substract tablet in a tray with water. In a short period of time they’ll increase their size by 4 or 5 times.
2. Crumble the substract table and fill out the pot with it.
3. Open the seed packet and evenly distribute a few seeds over the surface of the moist substrate. Gently press them down, but don’t bury them completely.
4. Place the pot in a bright space, but without direct sunlight exposure. Keep the temperature between 20 and 28ºC.
5. The cacti seeds will start growing in about 1 or 2 weeks. The time can fluctuate depending on the species.
6. It is VERY IMPORTANT to keep the substrate consistently moist but not waterlogged during germination and the first few weeks of development.
7. During the firts weeks, you can place the pot inside a trasparent container to avoid water evaporation. Uncover it regulary to renew the air and prevent funghi growth.
8. As the cactus grows and develops its body and spines, the frequency of waterings should decrease. Once the cactus has established its shape, allow the top layer of the substrate to dry out between waterings.
9. The cactus is a slow-growing plant, so it may take several weeks until its shape it’s established.
10. When the seedlings are young, you should avoid direct sunlight exposure, it might damage them.
11. After approximately 4 months from germination, gradually start exposing your cacti to sunlight. Begin with short periods of exposure.
12. Adult cacti store water in their tissues and are very sensitive to excess moisture. That’s why we have created a specially designed pot to meet the needs of cacti throughout their life cycle. Our evolutionary pot features an easily openable hole at the base. While the cacti are immature, keep the hole closed. Starting from the 4th month, open it using a pointed object, taking advantage of the notch located at the base of the pot. This way, you can remove excess water if necessary.
Do you have any doubts about any of our products?
Contact us and we’ll be pleased to answer you.